IMPORTANT: If you reside in a country where health product communications are restricted to health care professionals, and you are NOT a health care professional, please contact your veterinarian instead of reading the following information.
VAXXITEK® HVT + IBD Efficacy, Safety, & Health Benefits Of Disease Reduction
Protection against two significant, immunosuppressive viral diseases in poultry
- VAXXITEK HVT + IBD is indicated to aid in the prevention of Marek's disease and infectious bursal disease (IBD; also known as Gumboro disease)*
- The vaccine uses the turkey herpesvirus (HVT), which is long-established to stimulate immunity against Marek's disease, plus a protein from the IBD virus to stimulate immunity against IBD
Scientific evidence of global protection
In more than 65+ scientific papers published to date (see all), VAXXITEK HVT + IBD induced clinical protection against a variety of different pathotypes of the IBD virus found worldwide, including classic, variant, and very virulent strains.* It has been used to help prevent IBD and Marek's disease on every continent in the world.
Effective in all types of production chickens
All types of poultry businesses can use VAXXITEK HVT + IBD—it is effective in healthy broiler, layer, and breeder chickens.*
A single dose for early protection
Young chickens are most susceptible to infection by IBD and Marek’s viruses, so early protection is important.
- Because of its underlying technology and mode of action, VAXXITEK HVT + IBD can be administered early—subcutaneously to healthy day-old chicks or in-ovo (at 18-19 days of incubation)
- Early hatchery administration means VAXXITEK HVT + IBD can induce an immune responsebefore the riskiest periods for viral exposure; several published studies have shown reduced opportunity for an immunity gap as maternal antibodies decline:11-12, 18-19
- IBD protection developing within seven12 to 14 days33
- Marek's disease protection by 5 days*
Excellent safety that preserves the bursa
In several published studies, it was demonstrated that birds vaccinated with VAXXITEK HVT + IBD at one day of age maintained integrity of the bursa of Fabricius, thus experiencing no gross bursal lesions and negligible microscopic lesions.10-12
Stronger overall immune foundation
- VAXXITEK HVT + IBD helps protect against IBD, including both the clinical signs of the disease such as mortality, hemorrhage, and bursal atrophy as well as the "unseen" damage of immunosuppression associated with IBD that leads to poor performance and economic loss16-17
- Published research has demonstrated that by preventing IBD and Marek’s disease, VAXXITEK HVT + IBD helps lay a strong foundation for chickens' immune health that makes them more resistant to other infectious diseases and more responsive to other important vaccines5-8, 13-15, 31
- Our Veterinary Services group can customize a vaccination program for poultry businesses based on the use of VAXXITEK HVT + IBD to establish a strong immune foundation
Scientific Literature & Other Materials
Want to dig deeper? Browse published research on a range of poultry diseases and products, plus our equipment brochures, website articles, and more.
Product background info, vaccination equipment demos, and customer testimonials—explore all these and others from our video collection.