Diagnostics & Monitoring
Regional knowledge, local presence for a rapid, targeted response
The success of an avian health program is its ability to evolve and respond to changing conditions—and in this, Merial Veterinary Services is your dedicated partner. Our global network of veterinary experts is closely attuned to each region’s ongoing epidemiological context. And we maintain a regular on-site presence with our customers, so we can quickly respond to new disease challenges with targeted diagnostic services and effective, localized action plans.
Leveraging the latest diagnostic technologies
Experts in the metrics and parameters by which to measure disease impact and assess field virus status, our teams can provide a range of diagnostic services and tools, including:
- Autopsy, necropsy, and histopathology
- Serology testing ELISA and other routine techniques
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing
We work on the cutting edge of diagnostic science to offer our customers the best possible solutions for their needs—from novel uses of more traditional serology tests to advances in DNA and RNA sequencing with various PCR approaches.
Monitoring vaccine intake & immunogenic response
One of the advantages of individualized hatchery vaccination is that it ensures better uniformity and traceability of vaccine dosing than mass application techniques—bringing greater peace of mind to poultry producers. Current techniques allow monitoring of VAXXITEK® HVT + IBD intake and IBD immunogenicity:
- The technology behind VAXITEK HVT + IBD and the specific protein involved in its mode of action allows it to be distinguished serologically from other causes of IBD antibodies, such as field infection18, 19
- Novel serologic techniques have been used since the vaccine’s commercial launch to monitor the appearance of protective antibodies after vaccination with VAXXITEK HVT + IBD, and results have demonstrated the reduced opportunity for an immunity gap as maternal antibodies declined18
- Advanced PCR tools offer alternatives to serology for validating VAXXITEK HVT + IBD traceability32
Using these approaches and others, we’ll collaborate with your veterinary staff and our Vaccination Technologies and Services (VTS) group to develop rigorous monitoring and quality control initiatives for your business. Want to learn more? Talk to your Merial representative about our Veterinary Services, or contact us.
Scientific Literature & Other Materials
Want to dig deeper? Browse published research on a range of poultry diseases and products, plus our equipment brochures, website articles, and more.
Product background info, vaccination equipment demos, and customer testimonials—explore all these and others from our video collection.