IMPORTANT: If you reside in a country where health product communications are restricted to health care professionals, and you are NOT a health care professional, please contact your veterinarian instead of reading the following information.
Convenience & Peace Of Mind From Using VAXXITEK® HVT + IBD
Convenience & Peace of Mind from Using VAXXITEK® HVT + IBD
VAXXITEK HVT + IBD was specifically designed to overcome some of the complexities of infectious bursal disease (IBD) vaccination, by reducing labor in the field and offering a simpler, more straightforward vaccination protocol. Here's how...
FEWER CHOICES FOR A SIMPLIFIED APPROACH
- No need for separate vaccines for IBD and for the HVT component of a vaccination program against Marek's disease—VAXXITEK HVT + IBD offers both in one product
- No need to define multiple vaccination dates—it's a single injection, on a pre-defined day
- Published research supports VAXXITEK HVT + IBD as a highly-effective choice against IBD—in 65+ scientific papers published to date (see all) it induced protection against many different classic, variant, and very virulent IBD strains found worldwide*
A SIMPLE, STRAIGHTFORWARD VACCINATION PROTOCOL
Thanks to its underlying technology and mode of action, VAXXITEK HVT + IBD does not require measuring of maternal antibodies or calculating vaccination dates: vaccination happens at the hatchery, on a set schedule, initiating early* protection against IBD and certain variants of Marek's disease.
Once birds arrive on the farm, vaccination tasks related to these diseases are generally behind you.
THE PEACE OF MIND THAT COMES WITH HATCHERY VACCINATION
By moving IBD vaccination from the farm to the hatchery, VAXXITEK HVT + IBD brings many advantages:
- A controlled vaccination environment with a high level of biosecurity
- Individual bird dosing for flock-wide accuracy and uniformity
- Early* protection; published research has demonstrated a reduced opportunity for an immunity gap as maternal antibodies decline11-12, 18-19
- Less labor on the farm, and a lower risk of inappropriate vaccine handling during field use
- Less stress on growing birds
- No quality or accuracy concerns associated with drinking water or spray techniques
FLEXIBILITY OF ADMINISTRATION : TWO HATCHERY OPTIONS
- In ovo at 18-19 days of incubation
- Subcutaneously in healthy day-old chicks
Whichever mode you choose, Merial's industry-leading Vaccination Technologies and Services (VTS) group provides state-of-the-art vaccination equipment, plus on-site training and ongoing support to ensure your successful use of VAXXITEK HVT + IBD.
Not yet prepared at the hatchery? No problem—our VTS teams can assess your current operations and develop an actionable, cost-effective plan for making the transition.
Scientific Literature & Other Materials
Want to dig deeper? Browse published research on a range of poultry diseases and products, plus our equipment brochures, website articles, and more.
Product background info, vaccination equipment demos, and customer testimonials—explore all these and others from our video collection.